Students will design and conduct independent projects under faculty supervision within several research areas including:
• Biology, chemistry and physics of the open ocean
• Biology, physiology and biochemistry of reef building corals and reef ecosystems
• Aspects of the molecular biology of marine organisms
• Environmental chemistry of Bermuda's atmosphere and inshore waters
• Effects and consequences of global environmental change
Eligibility and Terms of Fellowship
Students who have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and will still be undergraduates in the fall of 2012 are eligible to apply. Minorities and women are especially encouraged. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. We encourage all successful applicants to arrange for independent study credit through their home institutions.
Each successful REU applicant will receive a stipend paid at competitive rates. Students will reside on the BIOS campus. Travel expenses will be covered by the REU program.
Application Deadline: 5/30/2012
Program Dates: 8/29/2012 - 11/24/2012
(Click an institution to see all programs it hosts)